Where can i get your beer?
There are a few ways to get a hold of some Plan Bee brews! First, you can stop by the farm! Come during our tasting room hours for samples and bottle sales. For complete hours and more information, click here.
If you need bottles away from the farm or on days we aren't open, we have provided a complete list of bottle shops and on premise accounts that carry our bottles, please click here.
Do you have a tasting room?
Yes! Our tasting room is located in the original barn located on the farm at 115 Underhill Road in Poughkeepsie. We started renovating the barn in 2015 and completed the renovations in July 2018 when we were awarded our Certificate of Occupancy. The outside of the barn has all new material but the inside features the original wood which was sourced from the farm in the 1830's.
Our tasting room has 8 taps which we pulled through the original hay shoot in the center of the barn. We have a wrap around bar made from wooden beams we sourced from the barn itself. The tasting room is ADA compliant and we have one handicap parking spot located right in front of the building. If you have questions or concerns about accommodations, please do not hesitate to call or email. The number is 765-307-8589 or email us at email@example.com
Our hours and location can be found on our website under the "Hours&Location" tab above.
Where is the brewery/farm located?
We are located at 115 Underhill Road in Poughkeepsie, New York 12603. We are only 3 miles from the Metro North train stop in Poughkeepsie. If traveling by car, we are close to both the Salt Point Turnpike and the Taconic State Parkway. We are only 10 miles from interstate 84 and interstate 87. For a map location, visit our "Hours&Location" page on this website.
Is your location dog friendly?
We have a 25 acre farm so there is plenty of space for furry friends during the warm days when they can easily be outside. All dogs must remain on a lease and must be dog & kid friendly. Please be respectful and clean up after your pets.
We ask that you please keep the dogs out of the actual tasting room because it is just not large enough.
This means, once the cooler months come unless the dog can remain outside while you visit, it will not longer be a doggie friendly location. I wish we had enough space for both humans and our dogs, but it will get cozy in there during the winter so please keep them at home.
Is your location kid friendly?
Of course! You are welcome to bring your children but please remember it is a working farm and not suitable for children to be unsupervised. We have popcorn and water available so feel free to bring food or snacks for your little ones so they too can enjoy the visit.
Do you have food at your location?
We do not serve food, we have locally made snacks like beef jerky and kettle corn. We are trying to implement a food truck schedule and we will update our website with information once we have something more consistent.
You are welcome to bring in your own food to the farm! There are many great local restaurants that you can pick up food from or have delivered directly to the farm. Here are a few suggestions:
- Rossi's Deli - Italian sandwiches, hot bar, and amazing antipasta choices located only 3 miles from the farm (PICK UP) http://www.rossideli.com/
- Millhouse Brewing - wood fire pizza, inhouse sausage, you can call ahead and pick up on your way to the farm, located on Mill Street off of 44/55 only 2.5 miles from the farm (PICK UP) https://www.millhousebrewing.com/
- Joe Cristianos - pizza, sandwiches, baked pasta, all the good stuff, they deliver to the farm for us often (DELIVERY AVAILABLE) https://www.joecristianospizza.com/
- El Azteca Mexican Deli - delicious Mexican food, salsa & chips, tortilla soup, empanadas, you name it they do it well! Call ahead and pick up, they are on Main Street in PoK (PICK UP) https://www.facebook.com/ElAztecaMexicanDeli
- Chan's Peking - the best chinese food, they knock it out of the park with delicious & fresh take out that you won't regret, located on Raymond Ave as you head south towards Vassar (PICK UP) http://www.chanspekingpoughkeepsie.com/
- BurgerFi - made from scratch daily, 100% hormone and antibiotic free burgers, dogs and shakes, a family favorite. You have to try their house-made veggie burger . . . yum! (PICK UP) https://burgerfi.com/about/
Where do your ingredients come from for all your beers?
All our beers have 100% NYS ingredient only and have only 100% since our inception in 2013. Here is a list of where we source our ingredients
- Farmhouse Malthouse (Newark Valley, NY) 2013-2015;
- Germantown Beer Farm (Germantown, NY) 2016-present
- Stone House Farm (Hudson, NY)
- NY Craft Malt (Batavia, NY)
- Gro-Moore Farms (Henrietta, NY)
- Hop Wild (Lagrangeville, NY)
- Fowler Farms (Wolcott, NY)
- Crooked Creek (Addison, NY)
- Plan Bee Farm Brewery (Poughkeepsie, NY) - 1000 hop rhizomes of cascades planted in 2015
- Poughkeepsie Farm Project (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Rose Hill Orchard (Red Hook, NY)
- Fresh Meadow Farms USDA Certified Organic (Middletown, NY)
- Crown Maple Syrup (Dover Plains, NY)
- Remsburger Honey & Maple (Pleasant Valley, NY)
- Fishkill Farms (Fishkill, NY)
- Mead Orchards (Tivoli, NY)
- Bittner Singer Orchards (Appleton, NY)
- Rexcroft (Athens, NY)
- CurrentC Farm (Staatsburg, NY)
- Plan Bee Farm Brewery (Poughkeepsie, NY) - we have a wild apple orchard, we planted a new orchard of Bartlett Pears, Golden Apricots, Montmorency Cherries; white, pink & red currants; strawberries; 11 varieties of peppers; variety of edible wild flowers (dandelions, rose hips, violets, elderflower, anise hyssop, wild carrot seed, etc.)
- Labels are printed by Main Printing on Main Street in Poughkeepsie
- All cleaning supplies for the brewery are made in NY by Finger Lakes Soap Company (Van Etten, NY)
- Fermentors made by US Barrels - NY's oldest cooperage (Wilmington, NY)
- Cooperage - Hillrock Distillery (Ancram, NY); Prospero Winery (Pleasantville, NY)
- Brewing system - Brewmation (Fishkill, NY)
Yeast: all 100% wild yeast extracted from raw honey in our beehives on premise. We open ferment all our beers so there is spontaneous inoculation through our coolship & open oak fermentors.
I am looking to purchase beers wholesale
If you would like to purchase directly from the farm and pick up your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an updated wholesale list of 375mL and 750mL options.
We distribute our Barn Beer in 375mL bottles through a few distributors. If you are looking to work with one of our distributors, you can find their information below:
- NY - Craft Beer Guild contact Mike Naclerio at Mike.Naclerio@craftbeerguildny.com
- NYC - Union Beer Distributors, contact Matt Lefkowitz at email@example.com
- MA - Craft Collective contact Adam Oliveri at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NJ - Hunterdon Brewing contact Seth Osten at email@example.com
- CT - Craft Beer Guild of CT contact Pete Cipollone at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA - Nevulis Beverages contact Ryan Nevulis at email@example.com
- NC - Artisan Beverage Group contact Taylor McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have a question?
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can with an answer.